My new tutorial is now complete and available on Udemy:
Do you want to create a professional looking horror survival game in Unity? Well you’ve found the right course. This is aimed at anybody who loves game design and wants to make awesome games.
In this series we will be making a game where your first person character has to try and survive against a gang of maniacs, armed with a variety of weapons
You don’t need previous experience as I will be guiding you through the course step by step, showing you how to make the game and to write the code using C#. I will be giving you interesting assignments throughout to build your experience and knowledge in game design.
So, what’s in the course?
- we start by creating the visuals to establish a night time look for the game. Then we will equip the player with a flashlight and a nightvision camera.
- Then we will move onto lighting the scene to create an interesting aesthetic quality. We will add fog for atmosphere to give it a professional quality look
- The enviornment map and props are free to download and you can use them in any game you decide to create.
- We will Add sounds and music to bring the scene to life.
- Then we will import enemy characters and add walking, running and attack animations using the mecanim animator window in Unity to seamlessly blend between a wide range of motions.
- We will work on navigation path finding and artifical intelligence, allowing the enemy characters to make their own decisions on where to go and what to do. Once the enemies detect you, they will discover their own different ways to hunt you down!
- Then we will work on a player inventory menu, displaying which weapons you have picked up. Each weapon has a different strength, speed and noise.
- Then we will move on to the stealth mechanics, allowing the player to attempt to sneak around the map unnoticed. But the enemies are clever and once they spot you they will go into pursuit mode.
- This brings us to the combat system, where the enemy will attack you and you can attack them. You will need to choose the right weapon to try and kill the enemies, because they are fast and very strong. If you try and stand and exchange strikes with them you won’t last very long, so strategy is the key to defeating the enemies.
- We will also be adding a save system so players can save and load their progress between sessions.
- We finally work on a main menu and in game options such as changing lighting, volume and switching on or off antialiasing and fog, as well as difficulty settings.
By the end of this course you will have a completed horror survival game which you can export out as a finished product. You will have developed the skills, confidence and understanding of how to make your own games in Unity.
This course includes the following free assets:
- Free horror environment 3D scene
- Free weapons
- 6 free realistic animated enemy characters
- Free sounds and music
One thought on “Make a Horror Survival game in Unity”